Sunday, June 3, 2007

Family Update

Beth & Jeff are doing great! Their little munchkins are the greatest. Owen's "Na-Naaaaaaa" running pell mell my direction sure melts a heart-I am sure Karen that you think the same! :) Madeline is truly a little girl now-Not just an old toddler. She loves to giggle...
Katie and Adonis are well too-Katie due with baby #2 3rd week of September. If this baby is anything like Alexis, Katie won't be slowing down for a long time. Everything is "in the mouth" stage for Alexis. I have never heard a 15 month old say "I love you" but I heard it with my own ears. Bean is quite developed and can communicate quite well.
Hannah loves Germany and being with Katie. It's been over a year now since she has volunteered to be a Nanny for Alexis.
Ethan is back home after moving out for almost a year. He is contemplating further schooling.
Heidi has just finished grade 10 and loves having her siblings all home for a bit. She played the part of Jo in "Little Women" this school year and was quite a natural for her. Though many gals did great-Heidi had the biggest part and did an EXCELLENT job!
Don is working a little bit here and there helping a contractor from time to time. It's a very flexible position and has lots of time off.
We are just in the process of turning part of our garage into a cottage which my mom will possibly move in. If she doesn't, we do have someone else who is interested in it. One of Heidi's teachers from Skagit Adventist Academy may possibly rent it.
For myself, it's been one thing after another since Christmas. The lady we were harboring married in March so she is gone now. I have a huge garden in, and also acquired over 100 raspberry plants which I put in our orchard.
I also sewed about 30 hours worth of costumes for Heidi's play.
And as usual-anybody coming through, guests are always welcomed! Call ahead to make sure we are here. DO leave a message as this time of year, I would rather be a gardener than an indoor maid! haha

3 comments:

Becky said...

Nice to see you back to blogging! Glad you're all well and keeping busy with fun things. I'll definitely plan a stop in again next time I'm through (don't have definite plans now but some ideas for fall...).

Poet's Place said...

Hey Becky,
I am excited about all your future possibilities! and YES! We would love to have you sign our guestbook. So far, the Landis' are our most frequent visitors.

5Mutarts said...

Wow! I thought that 8 raspberry plants were alot! Glad to here from you!

Lots of Love,

The Mutarts