Friday, June 15, 2007

Tea Time


I used to think that I might someday want to do a tea catering business. I did one this Spring for a group of Bible study ladies and though as much fun as it was, it wasn't worth all the work to make me want to pursue it as a business. It took three people to pull it off (It WAS a grand tea!) for 13 people and the supplies were about $80. So even in a business charging people $10 each, it would have been only a return of $50 split 3 ways. That doesn't even include if a teacup were to break or whatever. So...Now we have tea time at the house all the time whenever people stop by. Our favorite Tetley Tea comes from Canada. It's Black Currant. It's time for another trip north as we drank our last cup about a week ago. When was YOUR last cuppa?

2 comments:

Tom & Glenda said...

Okay, Ms. Poet's Place! what exactly IS your new email address? I got a new one, too -- please contact me via the same so we can electronically connect once again!

glendamillerster@gmail.com

Great big Hugs to you
~Glenda

Eric & Sarah said...

Arlene,
Black Currant tea always reminds me of you. I have several containers of it in my tea cupboard. Since Benaiah and I get to go to Prince Rupert with Eric sometimes when he's working, we usually bring a bunch back for everyone. Have you tried the strawberry tea Tetley makes?