Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Strawberries Etc.

Wahoo! The local strawberries are ripe now. As if I don't have enough to do, I bought a flat of 'em and made 4 batches of freezer jam tonight-And then went out and painted a little more on the mother-in-law apt. we are doing. It's kind of a french country look with fleur-de-lis on the shutters and generous window boxes with flowers. It's about 780 sq ft in size.
We also enjoyed a visit with the new Mr & Mrs Laron and Sarah recently. Now Katie and Hannan and Bean are here from Germany and will be headed to Ktn Thursday for a week.
I found on Craigslist a place where I can get two boxes of Bing Cherries for free! It requires a trip to Wenatchee, so perhaps a night in Leavenworth may be in order! :) Also Don & I just had our 8th anniversary last week!
I also found a used beautiful oak bathroom vanity at ReStore (a thrift store for used building materials!)in Bellingham today for $11!!! SCORE!!! The one I really liked was $10, but it was too big!
I also found out I am going to be related to my chiropractor soon....Read this carefully....My mother-in-law's grand nephew is marrying my chiropracter's wife's sister. Do you suppose that's worth a requesting a family discount???

3 comments:

sixwickerts said...

Sounds like you guys are busy with lots of fun summery stuff!! We would love to visit if we are ever in that area!

Anonymous said...

I promise I'll visit before this year is out. Have you read Bill Hopkins' book on Wrangell Narrows?

Poet's Place said...

Yes, Yes, YES!!! We LOVE to have people through. Cathy Gucker is our next visitor, but she has already been here before. Your kids would love it hear! There is LOTS of mud AND a creek to get washed up in! :) And Jerry, we still do Friday night movies- No, when we were in Ketchikan we tried to locate a copy of Bill's book, but they were all sold out. :( If you can find one, I would LOVE to get one for Don! I will re-imburse you if you can find one. Helen-are you guys still thinking east? Maybe you can stay a night here on the way.
Jerry-I am holding you to your promise! See you sometime soon!